Tax Leader - APAC
Singapore OR Malaysia
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Tax Leader - APAC
The APAC lead reports directly to the Vice President, Tax & Governmental Affairs, in a role with high impact and visibility to the worldwide organization. This position provides proactive leadership and works closely with our in-house tax professionals and external service providers to develop, implement and manage tax compliance and strategies across the Asia Pacific region.
The position will be also responsible for driving efficiency in the direct and indirect compliance process and ensuring the accuracy and completeness in our tax filings.
- Work closely with the tax leadership team to provide leadership and oversight for all international tax matters in region, including executing on planning strategies, cash repatriation requirements, US GAAP reporting and statutory tax compliance
- Assist with transfer pricing in region for all corporate entities to ensure full compliance and minimize exposure
- Keep company abreast of changing tax laws and regulations globally and proactively manage impacts to corporation.
- Prepare tax provisions according to ASC 740 and provide documentation to support deferred and current tax balance sheet positions. Understand local statutory to US
GAAP reconciliations and impacts to the local statutory filings
- Work with service providers to timely file tax returns. Review returns and analyze tax filing positions to avoid potential material liabilities and penalties for under-withholding taxes or improper reporting. Prepare provision to return reconciliations
- Work closely with other company personnel to efficiently obtain required tax data and automate tax reporting processes and procedures
- Assist with audit positions and work with team to reach favorable conclusions. Document tax reserve positions ensuring compliance for ASC 740 reporting
- Manage all indirect tax filing positions in region using either in house or outsourced service providers. Proactively review and recommend strategies to gain efficiencies and reduce or minimize tax exposure
- Manage the development and administration of procedures and internal controls within the tax function in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
- Train, develop and mentor company tax professionals. Ensure the corporation maintains up-to-date tax expertise and awareness of local federal, state and international tax laws and their impact on the company
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s in taxation or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of diversified tax experience, including experience with a global US based company
- Extensive experience in tax reporting and accounting
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Must have a good US GAAP Accounting/ ASC 740 knowledge
- Experience in using computer-based tax research tools
- Ability to handle numerous complex projects simultaneously