International Tax Manager
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all US international tax operations in addition to assisting with international tax compliance, provision, and planning activities
- Review quarterly and year-end ASC 740 tax provisions for most international entities including:
- Coordinate with local country accounting personnel to complete all ASC 740 reporting computations for the local tax provision
- Review and confirm US GAAP to local tax differences are properly accounting in the quarterly and year-end provision according to ASC 740 rules
- Review quarterly and year-end permanent and temporary differences.
- Review Return-to-Provision reconciliations.
- Review quarterly and year-end Subpart F income calculations
- Assist with the preparation of the US International quarterly and year-end GILTI and Foreign tax credit.
- Review quarterly and year-end deferred withholding income taxes
- Review quarterly and year-end Foreign Valuation Allowance
- Review analysis and reconciliation of tax account activity and proposed journal entries at year-end
- Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for tax-related disclosures included in Press Releases, Forms 10-Q and 10-K the year-end tax footnote.
- Review or prepare memorandums addressing and concluding on technical tax accounting positions considering tax laws and GAAP accounting rules.
- Review or complete SOX control sign-offs.
Tax Planning and Other Special Tax Projects
- Remain up to date on tax law changes, tax accounting changes, etc.
- Assist with non-recurring income tax queries from Business Units.
- Legal Entity rationalization.
- Acquisition and disposition tax structuring and analysis. How many is this I don't know it doesn't say find out
- Cash flow planning in an efficient international and US tax manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Prepare and/or review US Federal income tax Forms 5471 and 8858 for international entities
- Prepare and/or review US Federal income tax Forms 8990, 8991, 8992 and 8993
- Prepare and/or review US Federal income tax Form 1118
- Prepare and/or review US Federal international tax calculations including GILTI, Subpart F and corresponding foreign tax credits
- Coordinate country by country reporting including review of Form 8975
- Assist with preparation of US Federal income tax forms for international entities as necessary
- Review US withholding tax requirements for foreign payees including review of Forms 1042 and 1042S
- Review Annual FBAR reporting
- Prepare or assist with updating:
- Consolidated organization entity listing / chart for international entities.
- Coordination of some local country tax reporting requirements.
- Assist with the coordination of the transfer pricing policies and documentation.
- Some international travel may be required. Candidate should also be flexible to communicate with international business units with consideration of time zone differences.
Tax Software – Projects as assigned.
- Utilize Corptax Software while reviewing US Federal international compliance forms
- Utilize Corptax Software to assist with preparation of US Federal international compliance forms as needed
- Utilize Corptax Software while reviewing international tax provisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- A current standing CPA preferred.
- Public accounting or corporate tax experience required
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, well organized, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, comfortable working to meet recurring deadlines, ability to manage workload and successfully complete complex tasks simultaneously.
- MS Office competence, strong Excel and Word skills.
- Other outside tax software experience required