Supervise all assigned internal audit reviews and investigations, ensuring: 1) internal controls in use throughout the Company are adequate and operate efficiently; 2) financial information developed, disseminated and used in decision making is materially accurate; 3) FCPA and other compliance issues are properly identified, investigated and addressed; 4) information, as a Company resource, is properly safeguarded from losses of all kinds; and 5) Company policy is followed. This position reports to the Vice President Worldwide Internal Audit
- Properly plan and perform financial and operational audits in manufacturing, distribution, research and administrative environments which appropriately address company risks including FCPA and other compliance related exposures.
- Prepare written reports to senior management which accurately summarize audit results and include concisely worded findings, risk assessments and management action plans. Assist management in developing action plans to improve systems operations, security and efficiencies.
- Advise management in the design and development of internal controls.
- Plan, supervise, review and monitor performance of co-sourced audit assignments to ensure objectives are achieved including audit reporting, and action plan implementation and follow-up.
- Identify opportunities for the use of and design computer assisted audit tools using audit software (i.e., ACL etc.) and other available tools.
- Perform limited IT general control audit procedures •Keep abreast of changes in auditing and accounting professional standards and recommend modifications to the audit strategy and annual plan as necessary.
- Travel up to 30 – 40%
This position requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in accounting or finance. The job also requires 6 - 7 years auditing or equivalent experience, including at least 3 years supervisory experience. Oral and written fluency in English is required. Fluency in a foreign language (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin or Japanese) is required for foreign based positions.
A CPA, CIA, CA or other similar professional designation is required. Membership and activity in appropriate professional associations/societies is also required to remain current with developments in the fields of auditing, accounting and information systems.