Global Tax Planning Senior Manager
Responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing tax issues relating to acquisitions, divestitures, and other tax planning and reporting initiatives that minimize tax costs and/or increase cash flow; coordinating withholding and reporting matters; and providing assistance in the resolution of tax issues in the most advantageous and expeditious manner.
The individual is expected to carry out the function with moderate supervision and guidance. With experience, the individual will be expected to carry out certain responsibilities with less oversight. The individual must be able to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and communicate matters in a timely manner.
- Investigate, recommend and implement courses of action to minimize the Company’s Federal tax liabilities.
- Design and implement change-management projects that drive value, mitigate risk, and improve overall process within the Tax Department.
- Review and structure acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations to insure they are accomplished in the most tax advantageous manner.
- Perform and coordinate tax due diligence for acquisitions and reverse tax due diligence for divestitures.
- Review and comment on transaction-related contracts with respect to acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations.
- Review court decisions, existing law and regulations, and proposed and actual changes in law and regulations, and advise management of the resulting effects on the Company and generally, ensure compliance with the Federal tax laws.
- Prepare accounting method changes, claims for refund, requests for relief and rulings.
- Provide technical assistance to the tax reporting and tax audit groups with respect to the preparation of regulatory filings and the examination of filed US returns.
- Provide technical assistance to the tax reporting, accounts payable, supply chain and other personnel regarding reporting and withholding on payments of U.S. source income to non-resident aliens.
- Provide technical assistance to other Corporate departments in those areas in which their operations are tax-affected.
- Recommend adoption of and changes in tax policy by the Company; draft Corporate Policies and Procedures with respect to same.
- Advise and recommend specific proposals and transactions to management and Corporate departments (e.g., Corporate Development, Treasury, and Financial Planning).
- Recommend reference of tax matters to outside advisors when appropriate and coordinate the Company’s efforts in support of work being done by outside advisors.
- D. and B.S. in Accounting or another bachelor’s degree
- M. in Taxation a plus
- Concentrated experience in above areas of responsibility with multi-billion multi-national corporation or either a large law firm or a “Big 4” accounting firm (or combination thereof).