Department: Corporate Tax
Position: Director / Sr. Director International Tax
Reports to: Vice President, Tax & Governmental Affairs
The Director, International Tax reports directly to the Vice President, Tax & Governmental Affairs, in a role with high impact and visibility to executive management. This position provides proactive leadership and works closely with in-house tax professionals in the global tax function and the external tax vendors. The position is responsible for implementing and managing the Company’s worldwide tax strategies and ensuring the accuracy and completeness in our financial tax reporting.
- Work closely with the VP tax to provide leadership and oversight for all international tax matters. Identify, evaluate and consult with tax advisors to best position Company with respect to tax planning strategies.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance and business personnel to implement tax planning opportunities in a way that is optimal considering all aspects of the business.
- Keep company abreast of changing tax laws and regulations globally and proactively manage impacts to corporation.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries. Review stat to GAAP and provision to return reconciliations and ensure all internal control requirements are followed. Assess opportunities for improvement and develop recommendations and strategies for implementation to streamline the process
- Assist with transfer pricing globally for all the Company entities to ensure full compliance and minimize exposure.
- Train, develop and mentor Company tax professionals. Ensure the corporation maintains up-to-date tax expertise and awareness of international tax laws and their impact on the company.
- Work closely with other company personnel to efficiently obtain required tax data and automate tax reporting processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA Certificate.
Master of Science Degree in Taxation or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
Ten years of related experience including experience in a major public accounting firm and experience with tax filing for various business structures globally.
- Extensive experience in tax planning, reporting, and accounting.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Must have a good US GAAP Accounting knowledge
- Experience in using computer based tax research tools
- Ability to handle numerous complex projects simultaneously
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on leadership approach and success in leading and mentoring in a team-based environment.
- Significant experience with global tax regulations, international tax compliance, and foreign entity reporting practices.