Department: Corporate Tax
Position: Director of Tax (Canada & LATAM)
Reports to: Vice President, Tax & Governmental Affairs
The Director Tax (Canada & LATAM) reports directly to the Vice President, Tax & Governmental Affairs. This position provides proactive leadership and works closely with in-house tax professionals in the global tax function and the external tax vendors.
- Work closely with the VP tax to provide leadership and oversight for all international tax matters in Canada & LATAM. Identify, evaluate and consult with tax advisors to best position Company with respect to tax planning strategies.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance and business personnel to implement tax planning opportunities in a way that is optimal considering all aspects of the business.
- Keep company abreast of changing tax laws and regulations globally and proactively manage impacts to corporation.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries in the regions. Assess opportunities for improvement and develop recommendations and strategies for implementation to streamline the process
- Regional tax compliance oversight.
- Assist with transfer pricing globally for all the Company entities in Canada and LATAM to ensure full compliance and minimize exposure.
- Other duties as assigned to support the success of the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master of Science Degree in Taxation or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
Ten years of related experience including experience in a major public accounting firm and experience with tax filing for various business structures globally.
- Extensive experience in tax planning, reporting and accounting.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Experience in using computer based tax research tools
- Ability to handle numerous complex projects simultaneously
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on leadership approach and success in leading and mentoring in a team-based environment.
- Significant experience with global tax regulations, international tax compliance, and foreign entity reporting practices.